Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives."

Dear God,

I'm just starting to realize how much I like Nico.



She sounds vaguely foreign, the way I imagine angels sound, since they're from Heaven, and they don't have a normal American accent. Plus, I don't really speak English that well, seeing as I'm a cat and all, so I can just enjoy the music without picking up all the intricacies of the lyrics.

That said, from what I can tell, it's pretty Christian. "Somewhere there's a feather" is obviously about angels. "You need not know the reason why," because it's God.

And "I Keep It with Mine," is obviously about Nico offering to keep my bible with her bible. In the same drawer or something.



"These Days" are the Lord's days. And "I'm not saying" is obviously about how we are all sinners, but through "not saying I'll be true, but I'll try," one can regain his faith to protect him from Satan's trials.

The Velvet Underground, on the other hand, are definitely evil.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment