Sunday, May 2, 2010

"There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets."

Dear God,

If I had to be another animal (and it couldn't be a human( so that I could be a minister in your name)) besides being a housecat, I would be a lion. And if I had to be a lion, I'd probably take the name of 'Aslan.'

Aslan is a character in this great book series by C. S. Lewis that I used to read when I was a pre-teen. It's kind of obscure, but it stuck with me--maybe because of all of the talking animal characters (who had so much spunk).

That little book made me rethink my life. I had been just a casual believer who would only take Jesus if he was accompanied by a Greenie. Aslan made me see that only by being true to yourself can you accept life with the grace and dignity necessary to serve in his name.




Amen.

5 comments:

  1. i really really like this entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And the breadth of the entry was ten cubits, and the sides of the entry were five cubits on this side, and five cubits on that side; and he measured its length, forty cubits, and the breadth, twenty cubits."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good stories~~ Thanks for ur sharing~~!! ........................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty."

    ReplyDelete