Saturday, October 3, 2009

"A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel."

Dear God,

I don't understand why the humans get so upset when I pee on the bath-mat. I'm not stupid. I know what they're doing in there when they close the door.


They act like they don't go in there ever day to do just that. The mat's usually wet after they come out in the morning--where else would they do it? (Though I have caught Jessica peeing in her own water bowl once!)

Part of the reason I've been using the human-bathroom is that I'm going through a small crisis of identity. Though I've always identified more or less as a cat, I feel like I have trans-animal tendencies. Nothing drastic:


I just want to be more open about the whole thing, i.e. my possible transition into becoming a little more human.


But every time I try to behave more in your image, God, I get shot down. Blessed be your kindness and your gift of patience. In your name I pray that I might one day walk on my hind legs and start talking, and then, who knows?

Maybe I'll get a driver's license and we can finally go on that road trip we've been talking about,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment